PIER 39 REOPENS – READY FOR GUESTS
SAN FRANCISCO – PIER 39’s official reopening date is June 18th. The PIER is excited to welcome visitors back to the San Francisco waterfront. Guests will enjoy bay breezes, magnificent views, fun shopping, fresh seafood, beer, wine and cocktails, all while sitting at new outside dining areas. The sea lions who have been hauling out at K-Dock for over 30 years have been counting the days when they can entertain their fans once again.
“We are pleased to reopen PIER 39 this week,” says Taylor Safford, President and Chief Executive Officer of PIER 39. “We have been working for the past three months to ensure our reopening is safe and secure for each visitor. We want all of our guests to relax and enjoy the day with family and friends,” adds Safford. “At PIER 39, we deliver a fresh, open-air experience right on the bay.”
PIER 39 is a collection of over 100 shops, restaurants and attractions and all of its merchants look forward to welcoming guests back to The PIER. More than 50% of PIER 39 businesses are local, family-owned and operated.
The health and safety of PIER 39’s guests and employees is a top priority. Due to COVID-19, PIER 39 has made significant changes in its operations to make guests feel safe and comfortable during their visit. The changes are as follows:
• The PIER’s maximum occupancy level has been reduced to ensure that all guests can safely maintain the mandated 6 feet social distancing guidelines while visiting PIER 39. Traffic flow will be controlled by the addition of a new designated entrance and exit located in the PIER 39 Entrance Plaza.
• Enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols of all major touchpoints has been implemented throughout the property. PIER 39 staff have undergone training on how to uphold these new and increased health and safety protocols.
- In accordance with the Department of Public Health and CDC guidelines, PIER 39 has implemented the required Health and Safety Protocol Program that all visitors must comply with during their visit to include, but not be limited to:
- A requirement for all guests 13 and older to wear face coverings.
- Guests are encouraged to wash their hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer. (20 new hand sanitization stations have been added throughout The PIER.)
- Touchless transactions are now strongly encouraged.
- Additional outdoor seating for dining has been added throughout the property.
- A visit to the sea lions at K-Dock will now include a designated entrance and exit along with social distancing markers placed throughout the Sea Lion Overlook viewing area.
- Hours of Operation have been temporarily modified. PIER 39 will be open 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. from Monday through Sunday.
- The PIER 39 Parking Garage is offering special discounted parking rates for guests who make reservations on the PIER 39 website at: pier39.com/pier-info/directions-parking.
Please be aware that per the current Health Order issued by the City and County of San Francisco and the Department of Public Health, not all of our businesses will be open at this time. Guests may check the PIER 39 mobile directory at: pier39.com/reopening for the most up-to-date list of merchants that are currently open.
# # #
PIER 39 is a 45-acre waterfront complex that is a gathering place for San Francisco locals and visitors each year. The PIER is a two-level open-air marketplace featuring over 100 restaurants, shops and attractions, all surrounded by iconic views of the bay and San Francisco landmarks. PIER 39 also includes a five-acre waterfront park and 300-berth marina, home to the world-famous California sea lions. PIER 39 is a tenant of the Port of San Francisco.
MEDIA INQUIRIES CONTACT:
Sue Muzzin: (415) 705-5541