PIER 39 Official Contest Rules
Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. PIER 39’s Winter Wine Pour Contest (“Contest”) begins at 6pm Pacific Standard Time (“PDT”) on November, 8, 2018 and shall end as of 10am PDT on November 26, 2018 (“Contest Period”). Contest is sponsored by PIER 39 Limited Partnership, Beach Street & The Embarcadero, San Francisco, CA 94133 (“Sponsor”). Submissions received after Contest Period will not be eligible. Winners will be announced on or about Monday, November 26, 2018. The total retail value of the prize is $120.
PIER 39 Official Contest Rules
- To enter: Local Advantage Members can enter the sweepstakes through the ENewsletter that was distributed on November 8, 2018.
- Winner will be selected by random drawing on or about Monday, November 26, 2018.
- All contest entries become property of Sponsor.
- Prizes are non-transferable or exchangeable and cannot be substituted. Prizes will be awarded as is, with no written or express warranty. No refund or compensation will be given in the event the winner is unable to use the prize package.
- Taxes, gratuities and all other incidentals or other expenses that may arise out of the winner’s receipt of the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- All winners must be legal California residents residing within one of the following counties (Alameda, Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, Contra Costa, Del Norte, El Dorado, Fresno, Glenn, Humboldt, Inyo, Kinds, Lake, Lassen, Madera, Marin, Mariposa, Mendocino, Merced, Modoc, Mono, Monterey, Napa, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Benito, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Tulare, Tuolumne, Yolo or Yuba) and at least 18 years of age unless otherwise specified.
- One entry per person per contest. If multiple entries by the same person are received, only the first entry shall be accepted and deemed a valid entry under these rules and additional entries shall be disqualified.
- For Internet contests: Any attempt by you to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods, may void your entries and you may be disqualified from the Promotion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by you.
- Employees of Sponsor, Blue & Gold Fleet, and Moor + South Pier Management Company, and their licensees, tenants, and subsidiaries, and the members of their immediate families, are ineligible to participate or win. Immediate family shall include spouse, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren and any other person residing within the same household.
- Participants will be informed by email or by telephone of their winning entry. All prizes must be claimed within 24 hours of the date and time the participant is informed by email or telephone of a winning entry or will be forfeited. Participants must also sign a valid affidavit of acceptance of the prize during this 24-hour period to claim their prize or will be forfeited.
- All participants in the contest must be at least 21 years of age and possess valid government issued photo identification.
- Winners will be asked to provide proof of age, residency, and identity, and to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and publicity release. Sponsor and its contest partners assume no responsibility or liability for damages, loss or injury resulting from, participating in, acceptance, or use of the prize. You, on behalf of yourself and each of your descendants, dependents, heirs, executors, administrators, partners, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, employees, servants, representatives, successors and/or assigns, and each of them (the “Indemnitors”) shall neither hold nor attempt to hold Sponsor, Contest Partners, Blue & Gold Fleet, a Delaware Partnership, Moor + South Pier Management Co., the City and County of San Francisco and Port of San Francisco, and each of their/its related entities, owners, partners, members, shareholders, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, officers, directors, servants, representatives, successors and/or assigns, or any of them (the “Indemnitees”), liable for, and the Indemnitors shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Indemnitees from and against, and reimburse the Indemnitees for, any and all demands, claims, losses, suits, causes of action, fines, penalties, damages (including consequential damages), liabilities, judgments, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) from any cause whatsoever incurred in connection with or arising from, directly or indirectly, your entry in this Contest, the prize or participation in this Contest. If any action or proceeding is brought against the Indemnitees, or any of them, by reason of any such real or claimed damage or injury, the Indemnitors, upon written notice from the Indemnities, or any of them shall defend the same at the Indemnitors’ sole expense with counsel reasonably satisfactory to Sponsor.
- By participating in the contest, the winner or winners (and their guest or traveling companion, if applicable) agree to have their name, voice or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation, and to sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize.
- By entering in any contest, entrants authorize Sponsor to use their address, phone and email information for Sponsor’s promotional use, with no further compensation. Any information you provide for entry into this Contest is solely for the use of Sponsor. Sponsor will not share or sell your contact information without your explicit consent. The purpose of gathering your contact information is to inform you of whether you have won the Contest or when Sponsor introduces new Local Advantage special offers and contests and for you to then download your Local Advantage coupons or enter such contests. You may also receive a monthly e-newsletter that will update you on new and exciting happenings at PIER 39. You may opt out of receiving further Local Advantage or contest communications at any time by emailing Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the prize is tickets to a performance, Sponsor is not responsible for cancellations due to weather, promoter or performer.
- All decisions of Sponsor are final.
- Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify the contest rules and dates at any time for any reason. By participating in this contest, you agree to be bound by these contest rules, any modifications thereof, and by all other rules imposed by Sponsor. If due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, any event associated with this contest or the prize is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the contest.
- Contest void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prize.
- Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of greater or equal value at its sole discretion.
- For prizes valued $600 or more, photo identification and social security number of the Grand Prize winner may also be required in order to collect the prize. Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners will be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent. Winner will receive a 1099 for the value of the prize as stated in these contest rules. Winner is required to sign a release in order to receive their prize. Failure or refusal to execute the release will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
- Any disputes over these rules or the contest will be governed and construed under California law and any action or litigation concerning these terms and conditions shall take place exclusively in San Francisco, California, and you expressly consent to jurisdiction in the County of San Francisco by entering this contest.
Description of prize: 2 (Two) tickets to The PIER 39 Winter Wine Pour on November, 30, 2018 with dinner for 2 (two) at a PIER 39 participating restaurant. Winners must pick up the prize on site at PIER 39 on the date of the Winter Wine Pour. Value is $120.