- This policy covers how PIER 39 treats information that it collects and receives from visitors to its website, including information related to your past use of the PIER 39 website. PIER 39 website visitor information is not identifiable to any specific person, but rather is identifiable only at the IP address level. An IP address is a number assigned to the computer, which is requesting a web page from the PIER 39 site. Usually it is not your personal computer, but a computer used by your internet service provider or company network.
- PIER 39 also collects your email address when entered into the website as a means of joining PIER 39’s Local Advantage Program or entering a contest.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that PIER 39 does not own or control, including most of the shops, restaurants and attractions at PIER 39, or to people that PIER 39 does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- PIER 39 collects website visitor information when you visit webpages on pier39.com.
- PIER 39 automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, PIER 39 cookie information, and the page(s) you request. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. PIER 39 may set and access PIER 39 cookies on your computer, but advertisers or other companies are not permitted to access PIER 39’s cookies.
- PIER 39 collects your email address when entered into its website as a means of joining PIER 39’s Local Advantage Program or entering a contest.
- PIER 39 uses information it collects for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, improve our services, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal clients. Only when you have opted in, PIER 39 may use your email address to send you communications about PIER 39 promotions.
Notice: Click here for important information about safe web surfing from the Federal Trade Commission.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- PIER 39 does not rent, sell, or share site visitor information, except as follows: PIER 39 may provide site visitor information to pre-screened affiliates who work for or with PIER 39 under confidentiality agreements. This data is in regards to general site usage including but not limited to pageviews, IP address locations, browser or device type information, and more.
Users who no longer wish to receive PIER 39’s newsletter and promotional communications may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of PIER 39’s email newsletters or by emailing email@example.com.
- We may share your information when responding to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights, or defend against legal claims.
- We may transfer information about site visitors if PIER 39 is acquired by or merged with another company.
Confidentiality and Security
- Except as noted, we limit access to site visitor information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We train employees about the importance of confidentiality, and maintaining the privacy and security of your website visitor information.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect site visitor information about you.
- In certain areas PIER 39 uses industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
- PIER 39 may update this policy from time to time without notice. We will notify you about significant changes by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions about this policy or your experience at pier39.com, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.